Monday, January 23, 2012

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY! quote

I have an old card from an old bible in the early 1800's that has this quote on the card:

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY.

In speaking of a person’s faults, Pray don’t forget your own; Remember those with homes of glass Should seldom throw a stone! If we have nothing else to do But talk of those who sin, ‘Tis better we commence at home And from that point begin. We have no right to judge a friend Until he’s fairly tried; Should we not like his company We know the world is wide. Some may have faults – and who has none? The old as well as young: Perhaps we may, for aught we know, Have fifty to their one. I’ll tell you of a better plan, And find it woks full well: To try my own defects to cure Before of others tell; And though sometime I hope to be No worse than some I know, My own bad failures bid me let The faults of others go. Then let us all, when we commence To slander friend or foe, Think of the harm one word may do To those we little know; Remember, curses sometimes like Our chickens, “roost at home!” Don’t speak of others faults until We have none of our own.

No comments: